OK, so I’m new here to blogoshere or blogland or whatever you want to call this space in the cloud. So I thought I should tell you a little bit about myself and why I’m blogging. First, for more details about me, check out the Mom. Entrepreneur. Wife. Woman. page. I’m working the layout and making this link/page more apparent. Feedback is welcome.
In addition to what I’ve highlighted in the link above, here are some random notes about me:
- I love animals, especially cats. =^^=
- Instruments I have played: piano, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trombone, and oboe. I was one of those crazy, double-reed players who had a love/hate relationship with my instrument (depending the on the reed’s cooperation). I do so miss playing, especially with a band.
- My favorite color is purple. (My kids have really latched onto this. You have no idea how many purple pictures I’ve received from them!)
- I enjoy reading, though I never seem to have as much time as I’d like. Curling up with one of our kitties and a good novel is my ideal way to pass an afternoon. Sometimes napping wins out though.
- As a young girl, I learned to crochet (thanks, mom) and I still enjoy this relaxing hobby. I especially like to make baby blankets.
- Although I don’t consider myself particularly crafty (especially compared to my talented mother and mother-in-law), I appreciate handmade things and I do dabble in Zentangle (crafty doodling) and I used to enjoy Calligraphy. (Another thing I cannot seem to fit into the day. Where does the time go?!)
- I was born in New Jersey and still have some Jersey girl in me, though my hair is normal now.
- I started college in Washington, DC at the George Washington University, but after 3 semesters I had had enough of politics and I transferred to Ithaca College in upstate New York where I majored in Finance and met my future husband.
- Rob and I attended different grad schools in Worcester, MA. MBA in Finance at Clark U. for me and then we bolted from living in the “Main South” section of Worcester to join corporate America.
- Careers: various accounting and finance positions including mutual fund administrator, financial planning assistant, real estate appraiser, bookkeeper /accountant, and of course Mom (my most challenging and most rewarding position).
- With my husband’s encouragement, I became a runner a couple years ago.
- Last Fall, I started taking karate. My former self never would have guessed I would enjoy these sports. It’s nice to surprise yourself.
- I recently got into gardening – something I enjoy doing with the kids. Bonus: they eat more veges when they get to plant and pick them!
Why I’m blogging:
- Mostly for fun. I enjoy playing with technology and this seemed like a fun way to reach out to others and learn a few things.
- I’d like to communicate with other moms in similar situations and get feedback.
- I just felt like writing – something new for me – to challenge and hopefully improve myself.
Cali is our smallest, yet oldest cat (the calico and alpha of the group). Cali was a gift from Rob to me, but she prefers him.
Luna is our sweet, but timid cat (the black one that sheds white fur). Luna is from the Purr-fect Cat Shelter, where I used to volunteer.
Bailey is our big boy and the youngest of the group (the tabby that loves follows the kids around). Bailey joined our family a few months before Cameron arrived and he’s also from the Purr-fect Cat Shelter.