So much to do, so little time! Time flies by and I rarely find the time to write or read or do many other thing I enjoy. Too many interests perhaps? Or just too many responsibilities. IDK. Anyway, as a fellow blogger (and real writer) recently reminded readers in her “A writer simply writes…something” post, it’s important to do something creative. So here are my words…
Isn’t summer wonderful? I love how many fun opportunities for fitness there are this time of year.
- Tennis – Inspired by my new sparkle running skirt (comfortable, fun, and purple of course), I’ve been looking for a good tennis skirt/skort. The trouble is, silly me, that I want with pockets to hold tennis balls. Most of the “tennis” skirts don’t have pockets and those that do only hold one ball, per the reviews. What’s up with that? I guess I’ll just stick to roomy shorts.
- Karate – I’ve been back to karate more regularly, catching up, and it has been good. I do miss the Saturday classes in the summer though.
- Running – I recently had a great track workout with the local running group and I’m so pleased at my increased speed. Feeling good about my running, I decided at the last minute to sign up for a local 5k race, right in town. The course was great, the weather cooperated and it was a great way to start the day!
- Hiking – I so enjoy the trails at the various Mass Audubon wildlife sanctuaries. If only the kids would enjoy going more often! Kids. Outside. It’s a perfect match, no?
- Climbing – No, no scaling mountains. Some fitness fun is good inside – with a safety harness and a fun ride down floating through the air. The kids cannot wait to climb the rock wall this weekend. 🙂
Related to the fitness topic, I’m reading The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper (great new book by one of the Biggest Loser trainers) and I’m working on drinking water more frequently including before every meal (or snack). And I’ve discovered a new love – 1 Liter water bottles. I know, better to use the Brita filter and my Intak water bottle. I often do, but I have a weakness for these over-sized Poland Spring bottles. And, hey, it encourages me to drink a lot of water. So it’s all good. Right?
What fun activities have you enjoyed this summer?